Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 154

Thread: Yep, I told you so...

  1. #91
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    I've talk to at least 6 recruiters before I graduated...navy, army, marines, (2)air force, guard...So yes I know how they hype things up, just trying to get their paycheck. I did plenty of research because I actually thought about joining and heading to knoxville with a friend of was thinking about it also. The "research" I paid the most attention to was the advice I got from members of my family - all veterans, all said the choice is up to me but all were against me or any of my friends also. And I suggest you get your head out of the Pubs and rednecks ass and see that most wars are ignorant.

  2. #92
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> see that most wars are ignorant. </div></div>I don't see where anyone is trying to really glorify war anyway.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  3. #93
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And I suggest you get your head out of the Pubs and rednecks ass and see that most wars are ignorant. </div></div>

    And I would suggest that you get your head out of the sand, and realize war in inevitable. I dont think anyone here enjoys war, but sometimes, it is a neccesity.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #94
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    IMO a lot of people think that just because we are in a war, its justified as "defending our country" when that's just not the case. I support our troops 100%, its not their fault where they get sent they're following orders...it's a shame though that there are 160/150,000 in Iraq and about 1/5 of that in Afghan.

  5. #95
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And I suggest you get your head out of the Pubs and rednecks ass and see that most wars are ignorant. </div></div>

    And I would suggest that you get your head out of the sand, and realize war in inevitable. I dont think anyone here enjoys war, but sometimes, it is a neccesity. </div></div>

    I agree, only when it is a necessity....not the case in Iraq by any means.

  6. #96
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    Yep, we should've waited til they proved they had WMD's. We should have waited until they dropped one on us.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #97
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    Too many should'ves and could'ves, can't do that when there are lives at stake. Bush said himself in 04 that we know they don't have them...thats the cue to start getting the hell out of there.

  8. #98
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    Got to be careful and not let the heart make decisions in matters of armed conflict. The vast majority were against fighting the British for independence, and a well organized anti war movement kept us out of WWII until it was almost too late. Imagine the disaster that could easily have been.

    Most anti war people believe that their position is the honorable one, but throughout history it has led to more tyrants gaining power than war has.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #99
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Once again its a fact, whoever is constantly calling other people gay...is hiding feelings about their own oreintation. </div></div>

    How can that be a <u>FACT</u>?
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  10. #100
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yep, I told you so...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've talk to at least 6 recruiters before I graduated...navy, army, marines, (2)air force, guard...So yes I know how they hype things up, just trying to get their paycheck. I did plenty of research because I actually thought about joining and heading to knoxville with a friend of was thinking about it also. The "research" I paid the most attention to was the advice I got from members of my family - all veterans, all said the choice is up to me but all were against me or any of my friends also. And I suggest you get your head out of the Pubs and rednecks ass and see that most wars are ignorant. </div></div>
    Ever veteran i've ever talked to said join the armed forces was the best thing they ever did and where did you do your research about the military ? Libsandhibbiesagainstwar.com
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •